First of all it is hard to say who the greatest athlete of all time is. I like to mention Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali, or Babe Ruth because they are without doubt some special ones. Can we compare boxing to football or baseball?
Greatest athlete of all time
1. Michael Jordan might be the greatest basketball player of all time. He won six National Basketball Association (NBA) championships with the Chicago Bulls and was named the NBA’s Most Valuable Player five times. He also won two Olympic gold medals as a member of the US men’s basketball team.
2. Muhammad Ali was a boxer known for his quickness, power, and technical skill. He won the world heavyweight championship three times. Ali was also known for his social and political activism, particularly his opposition to the Vietnam War.
3. Babe Ruth one of the greatest baseball players of all time. He played for the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees. Ruth best known for his impressive home run-hitting abilities. He set numerous records during his career. For example the most home runs in a season and the most home runs by a left-handed batter.
All of them were exceptional in their respective sports and have left an indelible mark on the history of sports.
It is difficult to say who the best athlete of this century as some of them are still performing.
- Usain Bolt, a Jamaican sprinter who has won numerous Olympic and world championships medals in the 100m and 200m races.
- Serena Williams, an American professional tennis player who won 23 Grand Slam singles titles.
- Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, two football players who have dominated the sport over the past decade.
- Michael Phelps, an American swimmer who is considered the most successful Olympian of all time, with a total of 28 medals, 23 (!) of which are gold.
They deserve nothing than huge amount of respect. Let’s appreciate what they have done for their sport.